Tuesday, April 13, 2010

American Idol

As most Americans do I watch American Idol whenever I have a chance. I think the show is entertaining and makes the audience feel connected through their ability to vote and the idea that they too can be on the show.
The only issue I have is who gets kept on the show. So many artists have been kicked off the show that are talented and likable. The producers have to have a lot more say in who stays and who goes. I mean Crystal Bowersox? She has an amazing voice, but really mainstream teen America is voting for her? The same kids who are making Miley Cyrus a huge star... ?


And Michael Lynche? His past couple performances have all but put me to sleep. From the get go I never liked the guy. And the fact that the judges saved him last week? Why? What a waste of the season's one and only save.
And one more thing... Aaron and Katie. Both around the same age, but the judges only yell at Katie for not singing songs that fit her age. There has to be some sort of animosity going against her. Tonight was the only night I have heard the judges not comment on the song not being "her." Please.
Unfortunately, even with the blinding errors in the show I am going to keep watching it. Or at least until Lee Dewyze gets voted off.

No comments:

Post a Comment